Whether you enjoy roasting chestnuts on an open fire (has anyone done this?) or just like to take advantage of the shopping deals . . . it's the holiday season again! If you need help with your last-minute shopping, we have a few green gift ideas below. All of our suggestions not only make terrific gifts, but are from organizations that work to make a more sustainable world, so you can feel good about your purchases:
1. If you require jewelry, try these whimsical rings from J. Fein Designs.
2. How about a spectacular case for an iPad or iPhone? Get a case made from sustainably harvested wood from SUBSTRATA.
3. Purchased in someone else’s name, or as a kind gesture without the need for recognition, Heifer International lets you choose a donation that will give families around the world the training and animals the need to help them become self-reliant.
4. A favorite gift for children are the very unique lunch boxes by Goodbyn, which come in many colors and can be personalized with enclosed stickers.
5. BoGo Lights are rugged solar-powered LED flashlights that will keep your nights bright for years. BoGo means Buy One, Give One, so for each light purchased they will give one to someone in the developing world who needs access to a clean, renewable light source.
6. And if you can bear a shameless plug, please consider a Squishy Press book for babies and toddlers. Designed by Rogue Element, they are sustainably made in the USA.
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season!